• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  head fast toward the light
    Mazikeen
    Mazikeen can sympathize with Casimira’s feelings over it being strange being a queen - the black-marked mare still wasn’t used to the idea even after all these years. “I don’t know if it helps, but I still feel like that too. I try to tell myself that doing my best to keep everyone as safe as I can is enough.” Even though her choices early on, the ones she had made trying to keep the hurt all focused on herself, had ended up bringing more pain. But Casimira was right - things were finding a balance in Hyaline. And none of those that called it home had come for Mazikeen’s head just yet so maybe she was doing alright.

“The type of kingdoms that used to exist in Beqanna sound exhausting.” She adds with a small smile, if only to distract herself from the path that her thoughts had been going down. Castes and divisions and jobs needing to be assigned? It was hard enough to come up with ideas for those in Hyaline who had asked her - like Selaphiel and Bolder. She didn’t expect anyone to do anything if they didn’t want to. It was a home, somewhere to raise families or simply exist, not a business.

Her smile grows when Casimira brings up Hyaline and Tephra being allies - it’s a thought she’s had as well, so her confirmation comes quickly. “I absolutely agree - definitely allies. Hopefully you won’t ever need it, but if you do - Hyaline will be there to help.” It’s an easy promise to make, knowing how much of Casimira’s family resides in the mountains - Mazikeen feels reasonably sure that at least some of them would come to assist the pale mare, with or without an official alliance. Even if not - for what it was worth, Mazikeen always would show up.

And on a more selfish note - maybe, with a friend here again, Mazikeen can make some better memories inside this jungle.

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    head fast toward the light - by Mazikeen - 02-12-2022, 05:11 PM
    RE: head fast toward the light - by Casimira - 02-21-2022, 04:15 PM
    RE: head fast toward the light - by Mazikeen - 02-27-2022, 07:41 PM
    RE: head fast toward the light - by Casimira - 03-28-2022, 12:13 AM
    RE: head fast toward the light - by Mazikeen - 04-12-2022, 11:22 AM
    RE: head fast toward the light - by Casimira - 05-01-2022, 01:42 AM