• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  somewhere in these eyes, i’m on your side

For all the good that Claudius is, he has never been particularly perceptive. Instead, his desire to always see the good in others tends to blind him to their irritation or anger. He finds himself to be an ideal personality: sociable, kind, giving; and while he does not demean opposite characteristics, he spends too long searching for himself in others.

Claudius will never guess that Apothica did not mean for him to accompany her, and the pleasant smile on his face is evidence of that. He is almost insanely good-natured beneath the roiling clouds of a nasty storm, the softly thrumming energy of the weather pulsing steadily in his chest. Apothica offers an exciting element to his chaos-chasing, one that Claudius enjoys so much she will likely be agitated with him by the end of their encounter.

“Yes,” he answers simply, wondering if it is his fault she took his question so literally, or if that was a touch of sarcasm. He sneaks a quick glance at her, noting the unique shape and startling pink of the markings on her face.

“Often,” Claudius says—though he never seeks danger for the pure love of it. “Perhaps not danger exactly, but all the problems seeking answers. Or the fear in need of courage,” he adds, voice thoughtful and engaging.

Matching Apothica’s steps easily, Claudius swishes his tail in time with their hoof beats. A loud clap of thunder followed by a close flash of lightning offers a show above them. The chestnut looks up, pale gaze finding serenity once again.

“You seek shelter, though? Even if you are not running?” he asks as they draw closer to the tree-line.

“Have you ever been trapped in a storm?”

claudius
    i start the day lying and end with the truth
    that i'm dying for the knife

@Apothica

Messages In This Thread
    RE: somewhere in these eyes, i’m on your side - by claudius - 03-08-2022, 02:29 PM