• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could have followed my fears all the way down, cassian

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

She should have found a more tactful way to deliver the news, but she hadn’t been sure how. News that their mother is alive is indeed more joyous than finding out she had been murdered, but it was alarming all the same. The roller coaster of emotion was not any less nauseating just because the news is better. Because now, a new fear had been unlocked—the realization that death was not the only thing they needed to fear. Casimira was not a stranger to death, and she knows Cassian isn’t either. They have both died and been reborn, they knew of the trait—curse—they had inherited from their father.

But what had happened to Ryatah — what Casimira had gathered from the loose, slippery details — was something beyond death. It was not something so easily escaped, and Casimira had witnessed the way she seemed changed because of it.

“I don’t know,” she repeats softly, shaking her pale head. “Gale killed her, I guess. I don’t know the reason. I don’t think even mom really knows the reason. Firion said that where he found her was not the afterlife. There are so many things that don’t make sense.” There is still a frown shadowing her face, and she breathes an exhausted, borderline irritated sigh. “And I…. I met…” she trails off, suddenly unsure what to call him. “Ashhal.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could have followed my fears all the way down, cassian - by Casimira - 03-07-2022, 10:15 PM