• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  If your lost and you look you will find me; Any

I'll settle for the ghost of you.

There is only a second of warning, that devilish smile on Leilan’s mouth that he had seen several times on a once Fae Prince, before the stallion’s face morphs into something ancient and reptilian. The fire arching along his shoulders spikes but there is only wild awe in the feral eyes of the jaguar teen. An aurora plays along the ice crystals the dragon had spewed towards the ceiling and his gaze is turned upward to them, enraptured by this strange magic. He takes a step towards the light wanting to get a better look…

And then he is no longer in the cave.

He is in a world of white and cold. Everything is snow touched and his hooves are precariously close to the edge of the mountain they had appeared on. For a moment, he forgets the other two stallions. His gaze is wide, looking out on a world he had never even come close to imagining before. There is a wild rugged beauty here that appeals to him, a kind of terrible he can appreciate and understand. Even Terror is unusually quiet where the soul clings to his neck, as if surprised to end up in such a place. The flames sputter along his spine and quickly smolder out as he becomes caught in the view. “Cool.” He murmurs under his breath as his fire dies out completely, unable to compete with snow and wind whipping at their faces.

Fyr had known cold before, had felt it before the blackness had taken over him in the ocean, had felt it pressing against his natural flame since he had washed up on the Isle. He had always been able to call the blazing heat as easily as he breathes, he had never been without it. Up here in this winter wonderland, the cold is a biting and unrelenting thing. It sinks beneath his skin and curls up against his bones, tightening his muscles and making him feel stiff and awkward. He frowns slightly, the difficulty of keeping his fire alive suddenly a challenge in this place and one he had never encountered before. Flames run down his body in waves to try and keep some heat but he was not one made for freezing temperatures, something he was quickly discovering.

When Leilan points out the glacier with a hoof, he is quick to follow the direction with his bright yellow eyes and his frown deepens as the older stallion speaks of a fire wielding dragon and of Kings and Mages. It sounds like a story straight out of a fairytale and he’s not sure what to make of it. The glacier did seem larger than he anticipated but maybe one day he could melt one. No, not could. He would. Just to prove that he can. The champagne dappled stallion might have lingered more on the subject, might have asked Leilan more about who the dragon had been, had it not been for the familiarity in his voice regarding his mother and then the dropping of the bomb that is Aela’s name.

There is no mistaking the brightness in his gaze as his head whips around to look at Leilan, fiery mane writhing in the icy wind. “You know her!” He breathes out with relief and a hint of excitement. And then the voice behind him asks a question and there is something in Nashua’s tone that makes him slow to turn around, that makes him take a step closer to Leilan without realizing it, as his yellow eyes find the sharp green of his. “She is.” He says, shivering against the unstoppable onslaught of freeze and frost that keep him from bringing those uncertain sparks back to his shoulders. 

He had stopped explaining he was adopted awhile ago, had stopped telling the story that Aela wasn’t his birth mother. It didn’t seem to matter when she was the only mother he would ever have, the only one that really counted. Something in Nashua’s question puts him on edge and he keeps his muzzle turned up in defiance, his strange gaze suddenly hyper focused on the winged man before him. “We lived in the Pampas, that’s where I was when..” When the world broke apart. He trails off, a slight shrug of his spotted shoulder. “I thought I was dying but I woke up here.” With no idea how he had gotten here, a mystery how he had survived at all. “I don’t know if anyone else survived.” He tries to speak with confidence and hope but Terror deepens its claws into his back and the words come out strained as he eyes him warily, seeing only an uncertain new acquaintance and not the man that technically is his Uncle. 

FYR

Photo by Little Willow Art

@Leilan @Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If your lost and you look you will find me; Any - by Fyr - 02-09-2022, 05:02 PM