• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  brought the dark to the light

-Adria-

Adria’s expression was a storm of emotion, flickering through her yellow-gold eyes the longer she pinned Gale to one spot. He was maddening.

Then again, she only had herself to blame for letting him get under scales. Tsking aloud, Adria finally tossed her head aside at his question. She wasn’t out to necessarily kill him, truly… mostly she was threatening to push him down to the bottom. That was all.

Whatever happened afterwards was left to the will of Lanmè A, or the Heart of the Sea. Adria had been taught the ocean was like a magic fate: it could swallow a creature whole then spit it out safely, or drag it down and smother the life out of it. Could she kill? No. Could Lanmè A? Savagely.

Adria absolved herself of guilt if something violent happened here, between herself and the strange brindled stallion.

“Do you really desire to invoke the wrath of my powers?” She folded her ears, pausing to float among the waves.

Her cheek tilted - just enough that the slender, graceful lines of her profile would catch the sun’s light perfectly, studying him across the pool of seawater. He’d told her to leave, but she refused. She suggested he go as well, yet here the blue horse stood, defiant. Maybe even hopeful, she considered as her lips pursed into a frown.

“Will you fight me?” The Nereid asked him quietly, hovering on the edge of a decision.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-17-2022, 07:59 AM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Adria - 01-17-2022, 02:53 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-17-2022, 09:00 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Adria - 01-17-2022, 10:22 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-19-2022, 02:40 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Adria - 01-20-2022, 11:32 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-22-2022, 06:15 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Adria - 01-31-2022, 12:45 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-31-2022, 08:04 PM