• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  brought the dark to the light

-Adria-

Was he confused? Had she not spoken clearly? Adria was pretty sure she’d been speaking in common tongue just now, directly to him. Normally when she spoke, it was with the expectation of a response. He must have thought that she was easily scared, or just another horse to order around as he liked, because Adria couldn’t remember the last time a stallion visibly ignored her and didn’t learn to regret it.

It was with a little thrill of satisfaction that she watched him look down at the ocean, suddenly aware of its tug and pull around his legs. His skin flashed with that same strange, electric pulse she'd seen on his face, sparking her curiosity before his retort snuffed it out again.

Hah! The little seahorse half-snorted, her expression a mixture of awe and heated disgust. What did he mean by repeating himself with this word, usually?

“If that’s the case, then I should suck you into the black abyss and let Lanmè A have her way with you.” Adria drifted in a slow arc, cutting her way through the churning surf without moving her limbs. Something told her that this, too, would pass right through him, and her patience was wearing thin.

If he was a threat, this so-called ‘killer’, then she would swallow him up with the water and send him far away from these shores, where he could bother others and leave the Islands in peace. So far he’d done nothing but warn her in that strange, uneasy way of his, thinking he had a right to tell her off. Adria didn’t care if he hadn’t done anything to her yet, besides expecting her to just buckle and disappear. No one forced her from the Isle’s of her birth - not him, not anyone.

“As of today, there is only us.” She grinned prettily, watching the faint tendrils of her hair float atop the rising waves. “I suggest you grow gills, or get swimming.”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-17-2022, 07:59 AM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Adria - 01-17-2022, 02:53 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-17-2022, 09:00 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Adria - 01-17-2022, 10:22 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-19-2022, 02:40 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Adria - 01-20-2022, 11:32 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-22-2022, 06:15 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Adria - 01-31-2022, 12:45 PM
    RE: brought the dark to the light - by Gale - 01-31-2022, 08:04 PM