• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  there's a fire inside you

Myrna leans against her, offering quiet support, and happiness eats away at the distress that had risen up. Though she feels guilty that her daughter has learned to comfort her, she cannot help but love the compassion and kindness that has somehow taken root in the young girl’s heart.

A delighted laugh escapes her when Myrna answers the question about shifting - revealing that she had turned into a pine tree. Mazikeen can’t help but think of the one they had burned - but she’s also so impressed by the fact that her daughter turned into a tree, and amused at the reason why she had been trying to turn into a pine cone.

Mazikeen then watches with obvious delight as Myrna’s flowers and horns begin to change - branching into tree-like shapes. She reaches out, brushing just the tip of her nose against one of the small branches before it disappeared.

“You’re so talented.” She tells her daughter with obvious awe. “I never knew it was possible to shift into anything other than an animal until you taught me, you know.” Her imagination only stretched so far. Her ability to shift seemed to be able to fill in the blanks when she didn't even know the name of the animal she wanted, or if she just wanted something big it could produce one she had never even seen before.

“Maybe if I turn into a pine cone you can carry me around when I get too big to walk.” Her orange eyes shine with laughter at the thought.

mazikeen

@ Viszla

Messages In This Thread
    there's a fire inside you - by Mazikeen - 01-16-2022, 11:24 AM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Viszla - 01-17-2022, 08:57 PM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Mazikeen - 01-19-2022, 10:14 AM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Viszla - 01-22-2022, 06:01 PM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Mazikeen - 01-31-2022, 03:27 PM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Viszla - 01-31-2022, 09:06 PM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Mazikeen - 02-12-2022, 05:00 PM