• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  there's a fire inside you
    She is practicing her blossoms, standing beneath the blooming wisteria with a frown of concentration on her pale face. It is hard to get the shape of the petal and she’s been trying for the better part of the morning. Her mother’s arrival is a welcome distraction, and she turns to the Queen with an easy smile.

That night feels like a dream, and Myrna has done her best to treat it as such. Her mother can protect them, and there is no shortage of warriors in the mountains. Life has continued on much as it always has for the young princess, and she has assumed it would continue to be much the same for the rest of forever as well.

So to hear that it will change, and change rather significantly, is quite unexpected.

“A sibling?” She repeats. “Siblings?”

But she is the youngest!

Myrna takes a deep breath, and her brow furrows in concentration as she thinks over this development. Yes, her mother’s sides are definitely wider, but she’d thought Mazikeen had been boredom eating during the long mountain winters. But she reminds herself that while her mother does seem impossibly old, she is very far from a crone, and Myrna is old enough to know what it is her mother and Firion get up to even if she prefers to not think of it. 

At long last, she nods slowly and says: “I mean, I think you should’ve given me more of a heads up so I could get ready, but it’s okay. I’m adaptable.” Her nodding increases in pace until her excitement is clear, thinking of the many things that one might do with siblings.

“Are they gonna be shifters too?”

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    there's a fire inside you - by Mazikeen - 01-16-2022, 11:24 AM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Viszla - 01-17-2022, 08:57 PM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Mazikeen - 01-19-2022, 10:14 AM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Viszla - 01-22-2022, 06:01 PM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Mazikeen - 01-31-2022, 03:27 PM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Viszla - 01-31-2022, 09:06 PM
    RE: there's a fire inside you - by Mazikeen - 02-12-2022, 05:00 PM