• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  everything I've ever let go of has claw marks on it; Agetta

She had allowed herself to hope even though it seemed dangerous but even that hope had not prepared her for hearing his voice again, for hearing her name on his tongue like she had so many times before.

It’s overwhelming and yet she doesn’t dare close her eyes to steady herself. Even that temporary darkness feels like too much.

When he apologizes, a small laugh escapes her.

Agetta doesn’t want any of the next words to be unkind ones, she does not want this reunion to have any more shadows hanging over it than the ones that already exist. So she doesn’t point out that she can’t be everything to him, not when she clearly hadn’t been enough for him to say something that day they’d watched a tropical sunset.

Or any day after that.

The heartbreak he had dealt her, first in his ignorance and lack of memory and then in not saving her from her own, was what she deserved, wasn’t it? And didn’t that mean she had no right to feel hurt? Whatever forgiveness and kindness she had allowed herself in that vast emptiness has a hard time finding traction here in the world again.

“Garbage.” She had never liked his name, never thought it appropriate for the kind, haunted stallion she had fallen for - but it is a selfish pleasure to get to whisper it where it will not be swallowed up by the dark or echo around to taunt her.

Her dark eyes are sad as she looks up to him and then she is reaching out, beckoning him to come close enough to touch. Both needing and wanting the reassurance of his solid form. It feels as though she is rooted to this spot, her legs unsure and heavy, so she does not test them just yet and must rely on him to close the gap.

“Next time, can you do the selfish thing and just tell me you love me?”

It could be a teasing joke if she wasn't so bone-deep exhausted over it all. Even the idea of this happening again causes despair to rise up in her but she fights it away, holding onto this moment in case it is all she gets.

AGETTA

@garbage
    [Image: Agetta-by-Star-smaller.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everything I've ever let go of has claw marks on it; Agetta - by Agetta - 01-16-2022, 11:46 AM