• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a fish out of water

appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.

She grins as he asks for the same treatment in Baltia. ”There’s a plant we have that will allow you to breathe underwater, should you so wish. Though I can only promise you that I will do my best to show you around, but I can make no promises that Tsilutsuli will not eat you or, should the Queen not eat you, that our general will not kill you.” She says this with a bit of a smirk but with some seriousness as well. They actually might kill him. She’s not entirely sure yet how they are going to respond to visitors, though the reality of it is inevitable. Rezza’s already met one such earth stallion that could breathe underwater all on his own so surely there must be more. ”That said, it is nearly time for the tithe in Baltia, which is also a time of feasting and merriment for us. You may find yourself with an opportunity to visit sooner than you ever thought possible.”

She hasn’t even thought of the tithe with all that has happened, but they cannot miss it. It is tradition, and again, Tsilutsuli would eat them all for failing to carry it through even if her son would be the host this year. Ah, how fun. It would be Rezza’s job to explain that one. Regardless, it’s hardly the first time their Queen has declined to show either of her faces and it would likely not be the last.

For now, she doesn’t dwell on it as the conversation shifts to her blatant disregard for the Queen’s orders. Tsilutsuli and Rezza do not always see eye to eye. It’s a small miracle really that Rezza hasn’t been eaten, but really, the fact that she does not always listen is much of what makes her good at her job. She cannot advise anyone properly without information, and even the Queen knows this to be true. Even if the vast majority of Baltia was staying put, Rezza could not. They needed information and while Helice’s scouts could certainly gather information on the land and possible dangers, they were not nearly so well trained in gaining information from actual living beings. ”I am full of surprises,” she agrees with a pleased smile. ”But I’m guessing you did not get your title by listening to everything you were told either.”

REZZA

Photo by Alice Alinari

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    a fish out of water - by Rezza - 12-27-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-11-2022, 10:53 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-19-2022, 05:32 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-20-2022, 10:18 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-21-2022, 02:06 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-24-2022, 09:57 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-31-2022, 02:20 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 02-03-2022, 10:04 AM