• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  howl at the walls;
    Beqanna.

I’m sure it is not a place I had heard of before. I scour my thoughts, but not even the decades of experience have made it known to me. It cannot be a place in the Baltian world, and I shake my oldest head when the general’s gaze comes to rest on me.

The eyes of my second head flick to the others just as Helice’s do, though having been the one to teach my son of the most distant lands I am certain @Mesarez will know no more than I. Still, my youngest pair of eyes barely avoid narrowing as they settle on my heir. Decades of schooling my faces makes them impossible to read, but my tone is unmistakably stern firm as that head’s gaze turns north. 

North beyond @Rezza toward the distant land that has arrived with a quaking of the earth like I have never felt before.

“I do not want Baltians venturing too far into this Beqanna.” I decide, lest an overbold scout wander too far from the water and truly breach themselves. Until I know how large Beqanna is, and how much of it is water, it is better to keep to the shore. That does not mean we cannot find out information in other ways though, and my second head turns back to Helice, those eyes joining the others that have never looked away from her.

”Thoroughly question those you find. I want to know as much as we can. Do they have abilities like ours, or are they giftless like other animals?”  They sound more like Baltians than any animal I know of, but their affinity for life on land makes them seem impossibly foreign.

Messages In This Thread
    howl at the walls; - by helice - 12-20-2021, 08:23 PM
    RE: howl at the walls; - by Tsilutsuli - 12-23-2021, 10:58 PM
    RE: howl at the walls; - by Rezza - 12-27-2021, 10:21 AM
    RE: howl at the walls; - by Mesarez - 01-02-2022, 08:55 PM