• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I saw the end in the mist of the river

”Just the one?”

Nashua quips back, and for a moment, it was almost easy to forget their earlier conversation. It was almost easy to forget that Reave had given him pause. There was still some dark part of him that wondered if his youngest brother had anything to do with the disappearance of another, Yanhua.

But no, he chided himself.

Reave had proven himself over the last few months. Nerine had been quiet, but remained strong. Steadfast and resilient, as Nash knew the Northerners to be. The Isle had been quiet, as Taiga had been. But unlike the South, it still existed. His thoughts turned to worry again; the striped pegasus had flown many times over the landbridge (the last piece of Loess still standing), searching for a trace of Cheri or any other Loessians.

Nothing had turned up over the months, and just as Nashua expanded his border patrols well into Tephra and the Common Lands, his niece became one more face that he looked for.

And there was only so much searching he could do as King.

His expression turned somber as their joking faded. The cold salt air blew past him and Nash tightened his wings, walking slowly as he approached Reave. ”I know,” he said with a firm nod of his blazed face. ”That's why I’m here.” He told his youngest sibling. ”The North should have never been moved from Nerine,” Nashua quietly confided to Reave, ”I would have one thing I ask of you, though, before it is restored.” The old Northerner lilt - a clipped tone - gave a hint of warning at the edge of his words. ”Gale might still be out there.” He continued on grimly.

There had been no news of his death. But that had been the problem: there had been no news about his half-brother at all.

”Under no circumstances is he to be allowed in the North.”

@Reave

[Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Reave - 12-13-2021, 10:40 AM
    RE: I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Nashua - 01-18-2022, 08:50 PM