• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I saw the end in the mist of the river

Nashua has spent a great deal of time in the past.

His last conversation with his mother had been about places gone and names that had long been forgotten. She had talked with him late into the night, like she had known that when it had ended, they might not be granted another like that one. So Lilliana had told him all she knew about the ancient lands, about the places his ancestors had come from and the stories that had accompanied them.

She had recited every story, trying to trace them back to their last known origins. (’Your great-grandsire was a stallion by the name of Trystane. He came from a place from where the Mountains almost reached the sky, and his coat was as red as the blood he spilled from his rivals. He was cruel, Nashua, and it was that cruelty that eventually killed him. His death was barbarous, and there was none there to soften the blow of it.’ ‘I know you didn’t get along with your grandmother, Nash, but she has known much loss, and it makes it that much harder to be given anything after.’ ’Your grandfather was the kindest man I have ever known, and even when he had little to share, it never stopped him from giving what he had. Nothing in this life is worthless, and even when it feels like little to you, it might matter to another.’)

She had gone to Tephra, he later learned, and then she had never come back.

There had been too much anger in him after that. Gale was responsible for it. Nash knew that much. But after Lilliana had gone, Nash had become too angry over the loss of his twin and the theft of his son. There had been too much loss, and something in him had broken after that. He continued to break, break his relationship with Noel, break his bonds with his children and even Leilan. Until there was nothing left to break.

He kept watch over the North and limited himself to the Isle.

Cheri had not come. The Accord fell apart, like so many other things in his life. And he knows that things cannot continue like this. He can keep the Isle. He can watch over that lonely place. But the rest of this place is haunted to him, and he rarely leaves Beqanna’s most northern point anymore. Today is the first time in a long time, and when he soars over the proud ledges of Nerine, he almost feels something akin to pride for this place.

His youngest brother on the ledges - daring, bold Reave - does not surprise him and the Northern lord lands swiftly on the edge of their world.

”Shame you don’t have a pair of these,” he’s quick to call out and stretches his speckled wings wide before snapping them sharply shut against his copper barrel as he approached Reave. ”I think you might have made a capable pegasus.”

@Reave

[Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Reave - 12-13-2021, 10:40 AM
    RE: I saw the end in the mist of the river - by Nashua - 01-17-2022, 07:50 PM