• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Piece of mind (Open/Herds)

Lillibet

Baltia.

She hates the kingdom of seaborne already; nearly a week had come and gone since Beqanna's magic had revealed the underwater world in exchange for the death of the South. A week since she'd last seen her parents and Link and Manny. It's the longest she's gone without any of them, and though she is resilient and headstrong and abrasive, she is closer to her family than she had ever outwardly admit.

Link's absence is the most painful.

It has made her abrasive (more abrasive), now that her one mission is to find her family. So when she wanders aimlessly into the Field and finds herself within earshot of a blue roan stallion, the glowing ivory woman snorts in his direction to catch his attention before asking, “Have you seen a polar bear around here?” Link had always preferred his predatory form in moments of uncertainty; she has no doubt that he would be wearing his ivory coat in the midst of all this tumult.

Familiar frustration rises swiftly inside her, as it is apt to do in the moments she thinks on the magical traits of those she is close with, wishing more than almost anything that she had been born with the ability to do something useful. She imagines herself embodying a storm, striking down whoever gets in the way of her finding her family.

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

@Cygnus
    “”

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    Piece of mind (Open/Herds) - by Cygnus - 12-04-2021, 02:31 PM
    RE: Piece of mind (Open/Herds) - by Lillibet - 12-04-2021, 07:45 PM
    RE: Piece of mind (Open/Herds) - by Cygnus - 12-08-2021, 05:49 PM
    RE: Piece of mind (Open/Herds) - by Lillibet - 12-09-2021, 07:31 PM