• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    give me darkness when i’m dreaming
    and i scream as loud as anyone
    Pain has turned her mind to rot, an apple left in the thick summer heat. She drags her talons across the dry summer dirt and occasionally sniffs at the heavy, humid air. She’d been beautiful, once upon a time. She’d had her mother’s face and her father’s eyes. Now she’s got crooked fangs that interlock crocodilian outside her lips and scars carved through the thick scales of her cheeks. Her blood and tears ooze off her chin to hiss into the dirt. The viscous glowing mix marks her path better than her tracks ever could - not that anyone ever looks for her.

Her small ears perk and swivel forward at the sound of running water. There is a pause in her sluggish steps. A river means momentary respite for her face, but the summer won’t let her keep this relief for long. Still, a lapse in agony is a lapse all the same. Rend tilts her pale head as she weighs her options.

Her barbed tail curls serpentine, back and forth.

Finally, she trudges forward once more. She sinks her claws into the mud along the river when the ground beneath her begins to shake. It is gentle, at first. And then the earth splits itself in two. She doesn’t know this, of course, but she flaps her wings and takes to the air where she is safe from whatever is happening beneath her.

She tucks her shoulder and her path arcs away from the river that had held such promise just minutes ago. Whatever hell is breaking loose, she wants no part of it. Rend sets off for somewhere, anywhere but here. But the thunder of this calamity is on all sides and there doesn’t seem to be an inch of safety to be found.

A shaking breath escapes her chest as she dips lower to the ground. She doesn’t recognize the ruins, but she perches herself atop some crumbled fixture and tucks her wings close to her sides. Nervous electricity arcs between her scales and the thorns along her spine. Slowly, so agonizingly slow, she turns her pale face to examine her surroundings. She swallows hard and tightens her grip on the stone beneath her.

And then she spots him, an equine-shaped little patch of blue among the yellow and green of everything else. She gives a curious chuff and tilts her head.

Cold,” she observes in a murmur. “Strange.

but when asked to make a point I tend to whisper
    REND

@nyktos

Messages In This Thread
    give me darkness when i’m dreaming - by nyktos - 12-03-2021, 01:06 AM
    RE: give me darkness when i’m dreaming - by rend - 12-03-2021, 01:42 AM