• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you could be the one that I keep

Their twins are on the forefront of his mind, but they are their twins.

They are the children of a wanderer and a champion. Tarian worries for them as any parent might, but they are the children that he shares with Altissima and he knows that they have instilled them with all the skills necessary to make their way in this world. They might wander as their mother does, but he doesn’t doubt that they have her fight and ferocity against this world.  Their children will be alright.

But the thoughts of Starros and Areane also bring about other questions.

What will he and Altissima do in the interim? Where will they go? Do they venture into another kingdom, or do they make the best of their fortunes in the Commonlands?

Speaking of Pangea reminds Tarian of his imprisonment there, but he could begrudge the kingdom it’s history for his mate. For the pale woman beside him, there was little that Tarian wouldn’t do. For her happiness, if she wished for it, he would even try to resurrect the lost country of Loess (if that's what she wanted).

”Does that mean no Icicle Isle?” Tarian jests gently against the lovely curve of her neck that moves towards him. His voice comes out warm despite the chill of the place that he speaks of. ”What do you know of Tephra?” the pale pegasus quietly asks. ”It’s not far from the Common Lands,” the former Loessian continues (at least not now). ”It could offer us the safety of a kingdom and we should be able to keep watch for the twins.”

@Altissima

Messages In This Thread
    you could be the one that I keep - by Altissima - 11-30-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 11-30-2021, 09:03 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 12-07-2021, 07:59 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 01-17-2022, 07:20 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 03-04-2022, 04:37 PM