• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Brennen
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    The Brennen who had first met Nihlus would never have imagined finding solace in his embrace, much less this encompassing love. They had both been different. Nihlus had been painfully young - the years matter less as they both age, but at that point Brennen had been at the end of what would have been a natural lifespan and weary of youth - and had all of the irreverence that came along with adolescence. Brennen had owed him only the loyalty he gave to all of his Tundra brothers, and even that patience had oft been stretched. Brennen, for his part, had been just emerged from a painful sort of love triangle, complete with the requisite betrayals on all sides, and had started courting another. He had been easy to type, then, with his penchant for attraction and devotion to mares who had strength and power in their own right.

Time had tempered him, and changed him, and he is beyond happy now with the man Nihlus has become, with a different type of loyalty, and a different type of affection. When he was young, he had many lovers and even more flings, and a small but not singular handful of long-term relationships with various levels of monogamy attached to them. He would not be able to put into words why Nihlus is different than his handful of other bond-mates, but he knows Nihlus will be the last. If he moves on to the next life, Brennen will follow or he his heart will be alone in this life until he does.

He wraps himself around Nih tightly. They become almost one creature - it would be nigh impossible for someone passing by to distinguish between them. Somewhere between Nih's much larger frame and Brennen's overlarge wings wrapped around them, they are simply together. "I'm sorry," he forces out through his dry mouth. "I didn't mean to be gone so long." He breathes in and out, the familiar scents of home washing over him. "I dreamed of you. It called me home."

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

@Nihlus

Messages In This Thread
    Brennen - by Nihlus - 11-17-2021, 03:55 PM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 11-19-2021, 03:23 PM
    RE: Brennen - by Nihlus - 11-20-2021, 12:47 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 11-29-2021, 08:32 PM
    RE: Brennen - by Nihlus - 01-26-2022, 11:41 PM