• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open quest]  do you think god stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he's created?

lord, I fashion dark gods too;

He has never much liked the mountain.
    It is too symbolic of Beqanna’s own magic, the only power that rivals his own. It came up from nothing and it took and took and took, gobbled their magic down, even made Carnage himself sick, made his magic strange and disobedient. And sure, things quieted down, traits were restored, and the mountain is now a place of pilgrimage.
    (He doesn’t like that, either. He’d rather they be on their knees for him, instead. Even if he has little interest in granting wishes.)
    Still, whatever his dislike, he has not acted much on this distaste. He has frequented the mountain, on occasion, intercepted some of its would-be grantees to make them do his bidding, instead.
    That should change, he thinks. And so, he does what he always has when these urges occur, the desire to explore unknown places – he calls on others to venture forth in his stead, to break the ground, lest things turn out poorly.
    (He still recalls those monsters, that awful insectile noise of them. The way the sound had crawled over the bones.)

He sends his summons, that mental echo across Beqanna, to bring forth those who may also dislike the mountain, or who may simply be curious – it’s the same fate, in the end.
    Come, he thinks, I have a project for you.
    The mountain does not want them to come. Does not want this project to see completion. He can feel as much, a low grumble beneath his hooves. But he pays it no mind. The mountain is not angry yet. Not really. If they want to come, they’ll find a way. He’s sure of it.

OOC:
    Welcome to another Carnage quest!
    - Please describe your character answering Carnage’s summons and making it to the top of the mountain – even though the mountain isn’t so sure you should be doing that. Along the way, you must encounter at least one obstacle from the mountain trying to stop you – rockslide, monster, hallucinations, whatever. End with your character meeting Carnage on top of the mountain.
    - You’re aware of the others, but interaction is up to you.
    - This isn’t an elimination quest, but you may withdraw at any time, just let me know. Failure to respond without notifying me may result in a defect.
    - Per Carnage quest rules, defects/emotional and physical scarring/trait scrambling may occur.
    - Entries are due by NOON (12 pm CST) Sunday, November 14 (extended due to my vacation brain!)
    - If you have any other questions, message me here or on Discord!

c a r n a g e

Messages In This Thread
    do you think god stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he's created? - by Carnage - 11-07-2021, 03:27 PM