• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  swearing this'll be the last but it probably won't

A short laugh escapes her when he remarks that he does not like what she’s become and it is not the hollow, cruel sound she had made when he had remade her. There’s warmth in it, though it is not meant for him. It's just that she must be doing something right if he does not like who she is and if he is wearing that perturbed expression. “I don’t care if you like it or not.”

The lightning-filled sky would have drawn her attention any other time but she does not dare to remove her eyes from him. They narrow at his answer. He had never given that particular one before and Mazikeen frowns, unsure of where this new dream is going to head now.

This doesn’t feel like the monster her subconscious tortures her with. He seems… real. Or, as real as anything can be in a dream. Her discomfort grows, not trusting this (almost) normal conversation in the slightest.

Whatever bond existed between them does not appear to be working at the moment, another sign that this is different than the other nightmares. In them, there had been no shortage of horrors both spoken and shown to her in his mind.

Mazikeen thinks she might be grateful for this difference, though she would not mind having any advantage she could get.

“All that bother about choosing power over me and you can’t even stop yourself from accidentally dreamwalking, huh?” She snorts, a half-hearted attempt to cover how uncomfortable she is with him being here. Though she is grateful that there's no lingering sense of hurt about that rejection. It had been one of the pieces she needed to get back to herself.

The white dragon stands there with her discomfort for another moment before deciding she shouldn't have to suffer his presence. This is her dream. Although she had not looked away from him, something in her gaze sharpens. Maybe it’s the only warning he gets. “I suppose there’s only one way to make you leave then, isn’t there?” Mazikeen surges forward, intent on grabbing him and taking them both off of the precipice if that is what it takes. In reality she did not have the power to defeat him but maybe here in a dream she could.

m a z i k e e n .

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    RE: swearing this'll be the last but it probably won't - by Mazikeen - 11-04-2021, 04:25 PM