• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'm saving my coins up, isilya

Savior

Perhaps there had been some small part of him that had suspected he would find the answer in her.

He has never fancied himself anyone worthy of this specific kind of power. And yet.

And yet, when she says it out loud, it becomes perfectly clear.

He studies her pale face and then the flowers that bloom along her spine as they take on new color, color he recognizes as belonging to him, and perhaps he finds some answer in this, too. 

He smiles, though there is something in it reserved. As if he does not want to appear too eager in a moment like this.

(Not that he has ever been eager for power, Savior, no, it has never occurred to him at all.)

He turns then to study the horizon again, the beautiful landscape, their home. He swallows thickly as he pulls his focus back to her face and tilts his head a fraction, the smile lingering still.

I don’t suppose you’d be interested,” he says and then exhales a breath of laughter. The heaviness has gone now, lifted free of his shoulders by his understanding that perhaps things were always meant to go this way. 

His breathing turns sideways as the gravity of the situation settles around them. Still, there is that same fear of failing Tephra and all of those who call it home. He considers it a long moment and then exhales another soft, shuddering sigh.

Do you think I’m capable?” he asks and squares her with a surprisingly vulnerable gaze. 

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

@Isilya

Messages In This Thread
    i'm saving my coins up, isilya - by savior - 10-14-2021, 03:34 PM
    RE: i'm saving my coins up, isilya - by Isilya - 10-14-2021, 03:47 PM
    RE: i'm saving my coins up, isilya - by savior - 10-14-2021, 04:17 PM
    RE: i'm saving my coins up, isilya - by Isilya - 10-14-2021, 05:26 PM
    RE: i'm saving my coins up, isilya - by savior - 10-16-2021, 01:10 PM
    RE: i'm saving my coins up, isilya - by Isilya - 10-21-2021, 06:37 PM
    RE: i'm saving my coins up, isilya - by savior - 10-24-2021, 03:19 PM