• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you couldn't hide it from me, casimira

Savior

He remembers.
    He remembers the first time they’d met and he had introduced himself as Savior.
    And she had looked at him and said, ‘we’ll see’ and she had smiled at him so sweetly that it had kicked all of the air out of his chest.

He had tried.
    In all their years together, he had tried to prove himself. Though he never knew exactly what it was she needed saving from, if anything. They have never talked about the things she lost before their paths crossed in the bitter cold of that winter. Not because he does not want to know everything there is to know about her but because he could not stomach the thought of causing her pain in asking her to recount the dark things. 

So they lie in the past.

(And how fiercely he wishes he could save her from the grief of losing her mother. How fiercely he wishes he could sink his teeth into the thing that took her, the thing that plunged Tephra into dark disquiet. But she’s pleaded with him not to and he has made a promise he intends to keep and together they will deliver Tephra back into the light and this will have to be enough.)

He kisses her head, his mouth lingering briefly against the sweet heat of her skin before he pulls away and smiles, a warm, slanted thing when he meets her eye again. 

He has always regretted that his allegiance to Tephra has kept them apart, but those days are over now. They will be together now, completely.

And he laughs at her remark. “Well then, I’d say my work here is done,” he teases, resting his forehead against hers and exhaling a contented sigh. 

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you couldn't hide it from me, casimira - by savior - 10-24-2021, 03:11 PM