• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you couldn't hide it from me, casimira

Savior

It is not a promise he wants to make.
    He cannot bring her mother home, as he does not have the power to resurrect the dead. All he can do is promise that he will make her killer pay for what they’d done, the pain they’d caused.

He sets his jaw, nostrils flaring briefly as he pulls in a steadying breath, hoping to sate the anger that lingers still in the recesses of his mind. 

But he would be no better than them if he caused her pain. He knows that. And it is for this reason alone that he drops his head in surrender and says, “I promise.” He studies the horizon as she tucks herself under his neck and another idea comes to him.

It comes to him in the seconds before she asks about Gale, who had fled and left someone else in his place. But his replacement had not lasted, chased away from the throne by something. He exhales a long breath and he nods and he understands where they must go from here.

If I cannot make them pay then I will do everything I can to protect you.” He says, the words falling out of his mouth as if someone else has spoken them while his mind settles heavy with resolve. He lays his cheek against hers, holding her against his chest. “I will take up the throne and I will make sure that no harm comes for you here.” 

He closes his eyes, his pulse quickening. “It is the least I can do.

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you couldn't hide it from me, casimira - by savior - 10-14-2021, 04:09 PM