• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you couldn't hide it from me, casimira

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

She is surprised at first when he pulls away, when the warmth of him against her suddenly disappears, and his absence makes even the humid Tephra air feel cold.

When he faces her he almost looks like someone else, the anger that hardens his beautiful something that she has never seen him wear before. It should not surprise her, knowing that she herself harbors a feral fury that tried to unleash itself any time she shifted, but seeing that such a thing can also live inside of her sweet Savior further cements that idea that he was a fire always meant for her.

He asks the question that she does not know the answer to, the one she had known was coming, and she shakes her head. “I don’t know,” she begins, her brow twisting in confusion and thought. “I have my suspicions. Carnage seems the most obvious, except it doesn’t seem likely that he would leave her dead— not like that,” because while she did not understand the relationship her mother shared with the dark god she knew it was something far more complicated than any outsider could fathom, and to leave her dead and heartless did not seem to fit. “Some also think it was Gale,” she offers hesitantly, her pale eyes glancing around as if she expects him to still be here. “I don’t know,” she repeats again, shaking her head. “But Hyaline feels alien to me now.”

When he asks her to live with him her eyes turn to him, finding his own searching her face. A hesitant smile lifts at the corner of her lips, and she closes the space that he had created between them, unwilling to let it exist any longer. “I wanted to ask you if I could,” she says as her lips brush his cheek. “Tephra is where I was born, and you are more of a home to me than any place has ever been or will be.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you couldn't hide it from me, casimira - by Casimira - 10-14-2021, 03:32 PM