• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

'Twas a long and dark December
    Leilan
    "Myrna," he tastes the name like it is a foreign, should-not-be taste. Like tasting blood instead of grass when biting down, and perhaps realizing that one of your teeth got dislodged in the meantime. But he shakes off the idea. Not her fault that he doesn't feel too attached to her any more - with Bolder, there is that previously-cared-for thing, as he once allowed any and all family to tie a string to his heart. His heart may not be what it was before, but the string, even loose, is still somewhat there. Theoretically, he remembers the feeling, even if he can't actively access it. Like one remembers a dream.

With Myrna, there is no such old connection, and perhaps that is why it feels strange to meet her. She still has that spinal mane that runs in her family, and he acknowledges it but doesn't comment - these children don't know of their shared grandfather, as is evident by their reaction to his name, and perhaps that is better for the both of them. So he nods when Bolder asks if that isn't something he should not eat, grins even, for humor was always a part of him and is so ingrained that he automatically appreciates the irony for what it is. Who said not caring meant there was no humor left? Not Leilan - he's stuffed away feelings behind a humorous wall long enough to know the difference between the ever-present sarcasm of life, and getting attached to people. "You should definitely not eat that," he agrees and with that, ends the topic if they'll let him.

Little Myrna though, doesn't let go of the other topic - the one any good resident should not let go of, but then, Bolder is only stolen so he probably shouldn't play guard anyway. For that, she receives his full attention, his draconic eyes scanning the little girl as she asks about his sleeping location. "I like the cold," he shrugs a little, "and I was tired." It shows, indeed, how little he cares for the borders of this land - of any land's borders, that is, but Hyaline seems to be the location now. "Besides, I lived here some time ago. Not for long, but this was my place for a bit." He moves his head up and then nods to the cold cave that he's in; indicating the general area. "It's not what it was, though." It does miss the people - but then again, he can do without. People can be bothering. Feelings and such were attached once, and perhaps that's what made this home. Now, it's just one of the approximately three places in Beqanna where he is most comfortable. A change of view is nice.
    told you I'd change
    even when I knew I never could

@bolder
    @ Viszla
    Sorry it took so long (:
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    'Twas a long and dark December - by Leilan - 10-05-2021, 06:21 AM
    RE: 'Twas a long and dark December - by bolder - 10-07-2021, 02:50 PM
    RE: 'Twas a long and dark December - by Leilan - 10-12-2021, 12:46 AM
    RE: 'Twas a long and dark December - by bolder - 10-24-2021, 08:21 PM
    RE: 'Twas a long and dark December - by Viszla - 10-27-2021, 06:58 AM
    RE: 'Twas a long and dark December - by Leilan - 11-11-2021, 03:42 PM
    RE: 'Twas a long and dark December - by bolder - 11-30-2021, 01:00 PM
    RE: 'Twas a long and dark December - by Viszla - 12-11-2021, 11:53 AM
    RE: 'Twas a long and dark December - by Leilan - 01-18-2022, 12:01 PM