• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  pour my heart out on the floor and now it's leaking
    “I heard the Ichian parrots are pretty bold,” he muses, carefully placing one black paw on the earth and inching closer. “Maybe one got a little amorous with one of the wyverns on the coast.” He chuckles, amused by his own theory even if not entirely sure what the creature is. This world is full of strange things, and they can get a closer look once they’ve run it down.

His cousin’s verbal repetition that they are pursuing the creature for its feathers does nothing to slow the rapid pulse of Malik’s heart as he stares down the beast across the meadow. His glowing eyes flick to the creature’s neck, narrow enough for a wolf to wrap its jaws around. Could he bring it down?

Yes, he thinks, he’s large enough to counterbalance the weight of that thick tail, and if he can topple it then Bolder will be able to go for the belly and...

Just the feathers, he reminds himself.

Across the meadow, Mescaline hears only the low growling of wolves. Her thrumming nerves make the decision for her - she will flee. Just about to lay out a more detailed plan, Malik instead barks a quick: “Let’s go!” and races after the feathered creature.

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: pour my heart out on the floor and now it's leaking - by Malik - 12-05-2021, 11:44 AM