• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it was the wicked and wild wind
    @Divest

i hear the wicked get no rest, but when you do
    ---------- i hope you dream of me

There is no suspicion in Divest’s silver eyes, no wariness in the way she smiles up at him without pulling away. He Looks closer, to what is not said, and finds no sign that she disguises her intentions from him. Nor can he find any indication of what her abilities might be. That won’t be a problem for much longer, he soon decides, tasting the curiosity that his host elicits in the silver-haired mare.

Gale’s intent has been to win her over, and it seems he is making good progress. She’s less likely to be suspicious of someone she is close to, he thinks; it is not a difficult role to play, even if the Gale she had known was the oblivious sort.

He is no longer capable of love - or whatever it was he’d felt for the fire-eyed Alpha - and if he were to touch Divest, it would be with the intent of drawing blood. The brindle stallion keeps his distance intentionally, but there is no indication of that in the warm way he smiles back at her.

‘I could not sleep’, she tells him, and Gale wonders if it had been the nightmares. He’s careless with them, and he supposes some of the shadows might have crept into her dreams. He remembers to keep the heart of the kingdom free of dreams most nights, but distracted as he was with the body that rests beneath the waterfall, a few might have broken free.

She doesn’t seem distressed though, so rather than pry, he says instead: “I was going to watch the sunrise.” The lie comes easily, something his host would have enjoyed, and he glances up toward the canopy for a moment before returning his blue gaze to hers.

GALE

Messages In This Thread
    it was the wicked and wild wind - by Gale - 09-18-2021, 09:26 AM
    RE: it was the wicked and wild wind - by Divest - 09-18-2021, 03:47 PM
    RE: it was the wicked and wild wind - by Gale - 09-19-2021, 11:58 AM
    RE: it was the wicked and wild wind - by Divest - 10-02-2021, 02:03 PM