• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  We'll forget the past or maybe I'm not able |open|

tantalize

I make excuses to stay away from home

I'm looking for an answer in my heart

I'm looking for a fresh start

I need a reason to keep on living in the city

She had never been here before.

It was a far cry from her jungle. Such a drastic difference to the humid darkness, the close crush of fern and vine. She feels too exposed out here in this drenched winter landscape, had forgotten what it felt like to be truly cold. Still, she doesn’t regret coming here. There are other things that take precedence in that.

He had not answered any of her questions, the trek from the nightmare that Tephra had become being a mostly silent one. When the strange indigo stallion had finally released his hold on her and vanished without a trace, it had just been her and her son left staring at each other. She could practically feel the heat from his glaring red eyes but she coward to none. Including him.

For the most part, she keeps close to her daughter. Bardot reminded her of herself when she was younger, a vibrant and beautiful thing full of spark and delight. She had looked over the few markings left on her skin with dark curiosity but had not asked where she had gotten them from. It wasn’t her place to ask. How could she, when she had been absent from her life for so long? It’s why she doesn’t begrudge her son for his hatred of her. Out of all her children, with the exception of Cersei, she had failed him most of all.

In time, she hopes to speak to him. To explain to him her why. Even if he refuses to accept it, she owes him the explanation. Owes him an apology. They are such a proud family though, apologies do not fall easy from any of their lips. For now she gives him his space and can only wonder what he has gotten himself into, what had happened between him and the blue stranger. Stretching her wings in the chilly winter air, she looks around the Pampas with sharp golden eyes. It was strange, seeing this place that her son ruled over, the son who she still looks at and sees as an innocent colt despite the strange markings and unusual ears he now wears. Fae, her daughter had said. Like the fairies that had looked after him.

Words that hadn’t been meant to inflict pain but do so anyways.

She is alone today, taking in the sights for herself. She comes across the place on the coast, not knowing this was Obscene’s favorite place to watch incoming storms. Here, she finds nostalgia of her own. It reminds her vaguely of Nerine, of the place where Offspring use to come find her in the beginning stages of their love story. It brings an old familiar pain to ache in her breast but she doesn’t mind it, feeling it, after being numb for so long. The cold wind sweeps beneath her wings but she does not take flight, instead she looks out to the dark ocean and simply observes as she tries to gather her thoughts.

Open to any!