• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  keep a light on in my soul
    Svedka’s boast about liking the water is met with a scowl, though it is half-hearted. It is difficult to be truly annoyed with him when his teeth graze against her neck, sending a ripple of sparkling across her skin that follows the path of a shiver, or when he had closed the space between them even after a few second apart. But even with the pleasant sound of his laughter still ringing in her ears, she manages to grumble a response. “I can’t imagine why.” The feathers of her wings are ruffled as she gives them another smaller shake. She had exactly one good memory of water, and that had been when she had seen Svedka again after he had been taken.

It was a very good memory.

A low and appreciative noise escapes Vastra as Svedka begins to preen her feathers, and that sparkling she hates so much intensifies even more under this attention until she is sure there is not a hair or a feather left untouched by it. Vastra’s ears flick backwards in more mild irritation as it catches the corner of her gaze and the tip of her nose but all it takes is seeing Svedka’s smile as he words on adjusting a few unruly feathers for her to be grinning as she turns away again to scan the beach and the trees.

She is more alert here in a new place than she usually had been when they took time together in Tephra. There the trees and scents had become familiar up until recently. She had known what animals to expect and which faces not to scowl at. Everything was new here.

His murmured words deflate the watchful tension in her and she replies quietly with her storm-dark eyes on the trees where their daughters disappeared. “We’ll keep them safe.” And then she turns her head to look at Svedka - all the affection she feels for him shining in her gaze as she vows “And I’ll keep you safe.”

Whatever came their way, she intended not to lose him again. Not in such a permanent way.

A moment later, the seriousness of those words is lessened by the smallest twitch of the corner of her mouth as she unashamedly lets her eyes trace the patchwork of his skin and the soft blue of his hair. “Even if your reputation makes them want to chase you out, they’ll have to get through me first.”

VASTRA

@Svedka

Messages In This Thread
    keep a light on in my soul - by Svedka - 09-13-2021, 06:30 PM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Vastra - 09-14-2021, 07:44 AM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Svedka - 09-19-2021, 12:24 PM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Vastra - 09-26-2021, 08:05 PM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Svedka - 10-02-2021, 05:39 AM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Vastra - 10-04-2021, 08:33 AM