• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your ghost haunts me; fyr
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

The stranger stumbles back from him and he freezes, suddenly filled with old familiar shame and that sense of being wrong. She moves as if frightened of him and despite the friendships he has formed after a year of being away from the Den, he can’t help but remember their faces (those of fear and disgust) that he had found on the other abandoned children. And then remembers the sadness and jealousy he had sifted through amongst them when he was leaving. The lesson of fear attached to what most people can’t understand or refuse to see.

Despite the hurt that aches in his chest, and the fire that flickers down his back in his own doubt, he tries to smile at her and comes up with an awkward twist of his lips. It’s followed by his greeting and his question and then he comes to an understanding. He can see it in her eyes, the way she reluctantly answers him. A mixture of joy (to have someone else who can see them too) and empathy (understanding that fear and what it means). ”Is she dead?” The new girl whispers and he nods gently. “Yes.” He says, his feral gaze switching from the living to the dead. “It’s ok. She’s nice. She’s not one of the scary ones.” He tries to reassure her and the ghostly newborn filly also tries to put her at ease with a smile, lingering around the spotted colt despite the powerful draw to the dark filly.

He takes in the dark stains along her cheeks, the uncertainty in her eyes, and sighs softly. “I’ve never met anyone else that can see them.” He whispers solemnly, admitting this to her. “I’m Fyr.” But this time he says it like “fear” instead of “fire” because it only seems fitting. “That’s Revna” He introduces the soul to her, knowing that a thing with a name can become a little less terrifying or overwhelming. “Who are you?” And despite her own misgivings, he can’t help to be excited at the prospect of knowing someone else that was terrible in the exact same way he was.

fyr

@Falter

Messages In This Thread
    your ghost haunts me; fyr - by Falter - 09-12-2021, 11:10 PM
    RE: your ghost haunts me; fyr - by Fyr - 09-15-2021, 03:35 PM
    RE: your ghost haunts me; fyr - by Falter - 09-18-2021, 05:33 PM
    RE: your ghost haunts me; fyr - by Fyr - 09-24-2021, 01:02 PM
    RE: your ghost haunts me; fyr - by Falter - 10-01-2021, 09:36 PM
    RE: your ghost haunts me; fyr - by Fyr - 10-02-2021, 03:24 PM
    RE: your ghost haunts me; fyr - by Falter - 10-04-2021, 12:21 AM
    RE: your ghost haunts me; fyr - by Fyr - 10-04-2021, 03:57 PM