• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  you know that I have daddy issues
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

The last leaves finally release from their various boughs and begin the plummet to earth as the little unicorn moves quietly across the gray and tan landscape. It was too cold to journey to the river today so she makes for the open common meadow instead. It wasn’t that the Pampas were boring, far from it. It was surprising to see what her brother had accomplished in his lands for being a mere sub-kingdom. From the strange massive thing called Steve who spoke in riddles (she had spoken kindly to it despite not fully understanding what he had to say) to the golden striped mare she had caught from afar (she seemed important and was often seen with her brother in the distance), to the captives that she had been expressly told to stay away from. A subtle tension tremors through the Pampas but it didn’t scare her, she was quite intrigued by it.. Whatever Obscene and his court were stirring up. There had always been that streak in her family though, a need for greatness (a need to be acknowledged), even if none of them could admit it.

She can see it in him even if he can’t see it himself. 

He is more like their mother than he realizes but she keeps those thoughts locked up tight, not wanting the argument she knows would await her. 

It is this that brings her to the meadow today. She had tried again to push past those obsidian walls he had thrown up but was met with only sharp glares and even sharper words. She had left before she could lose her temper, knowing that he would only be pleased by the visceral response of her frustration. Of this she had learned quickly. Were Fae always so stubborn? She recalls a distant story told to her once of fairies and a donkey and the thought eventually eases some of the tension in her muscles as she walks and chuckles softly. 

She is in a much better mood by the time her hooves thunder over the fiery grasses later that night, choosing to gallop the rest of the distance back to the Pampas. She eventually comes to a halt as the last of her irritation fades and she breathes in the cold air that stings her lungs and the back of her throat. She ambles leisurely towards one of the streams that breaks up the withered fields of flowers and frost and then heads to one of the solitary trees that can be found scattered around the territory. She had thought all the trees would be bare now but this one proves her wrong and she smiles to herself as she thinks that she may have found something more stubborn than her obscene half-brother. 

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

Mostly recycled, open to any <3
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]