• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a falling star fell from your heart; ciri

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

His voice is soft but it calls to her. Like Islas had drawn her like a moth to a flame, so does he. Midnight lashes flutter as she reveals her mercury eyes again, the better to look at his gentle smile and curious gaze. ”You were one of them.” He had said and it makes her heart stutter. She recalls Lilliana’s starry companion, recognizing her as “one of them” as well. But was she? The doubt creeps along her spine and she gives a slight shrug, glancing away from his inquisitive gaze even as she sinks deeper within his starry magic. “Maybe I was once. I’m not so sure now.” She admits. It is easy, this confession, to give to one who is star-touched. One who might truly understand what she faces.

She angles her head, the ugly scar across her cheek becoming more prominent as she turns to look at him better. “Are you one of them too?” She asks quietly, wondering how many graced by the stars wandered Beqanna. He is a handsome creature of purest white and it makes her think of Leokadia, makes her heart stutter again with the sudden ache of missing her. That magic in the storm of her anger seems to respond and she flinches as lightning jolts through her bones, makes her gasp sharply with pain.

The anger inside of her wants to isolate her, wants to keep her dark and alone. But wrapped in his stars, soothed by the presence of them and their familiarity, she looks to him with hesitance glowing in those threads of swirling silver. “You’ve already done so much…. But can I ask you something?” She starts and then laughs lightly, a sound that she had forgotten when it wasn’t smothered in harsh bitterness. “My manners are appalling. I’m Ciri, Thane of the Isle. To who do I owe my gratitude?”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Astrophel

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a falling star fell from your heart; ciri - by Ciri - 09-24-2021, 01:40 PM