• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my lovers never been a mirror
    aurorae

If she thought that she was being pinned beneath his attention, perhaps her reaction to it would be different. Perhaps she would fight against the obsession and cut him open for the thrill of it. Perhaps she would simply slip away one night and never return. But he doesn’t pin her down with such thoughts. He doesn’t overpower her, and she doesn’t feel the worry that he was going to grow tired of her.

She is too arrogant to even entertain that as an option.

So she just smiles slowly when he looks at her, when she takes note of the armor that is covered him, hiding the brutish strength that lies beneath. She understands the challenge in him coming near but not touching her and she refuses to rise to it. Refuses to give into the annoying temptation to close the distance herself. When had she started to want that on her own? When had the hunger for him started?

Aurorae is unusually adept at squashing her own feelings though and she does so with cruel precision. She holds herself apart with a sly smile, the sides of it just barely flirting with the edges of her mouth.

“In a manner of speaking,” her gaze grows heavy-lidded and she sweeps it over him blatantly before glancing down, looking up from underneath her lashes. “I would have had to seek out someone else had I not been able to find you,” this she says with a slight pout, her beautifully carved face adjusting just so. “I can only wait so long,” a soft breath as she shrugs a shoulder with one elegant motion. “You know that.”

The starlight pools over her back further, dripping down her slender sides and splashing against the ground. With a thought, she lifts the ichor from the ground until it forms tiny constellations floating in the space between them, as if highlighting the distance that she refuses to close herself.

I said I never knew the moral but I guess that's how the story goes
    my lovers never been a mirror in the hour that I needed it most

Messages In This Thread
    my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 09-08-2021, 07:32 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by Dacian - 09-09-2021, 06:34 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 09-09-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by Dacian - 10-17-2021, 03:41 AM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 10-17-2021, 03:46 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by Dacian - 10-25-2021, 07:02 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 11-13-2021, 05:13 PM