• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the sound of your voice in the aching

DESPOINA

She wishes that he would shift. That he would attack. That he would draw blood so she could focus on something other than the constant ache that spreads in her chest, an unyielding kind of pain. She doesn’t know how he can manage it. Doesn’t know how he can possibly be around her when she knows that there are so many others to warm him at night. Why even bother with this? Why even pretend?

The rolling pain snaps her attention, the hellhound in her latching onto the anger that rises instead.

“You told me,” she affirms, repeating the words in a voice that breaks upon the rising crest of hurt and fury. She falls down on either side of the emotion and they war in her red eyes that match his own, her body crackling with an energy she can’t disperse. “You don’t love anyone,” she manages and wonders at how the hound keeps its voice so steady when she is splintering on the inside. “How could you?”

Her lips peel back over her teeth and this is the creature who hunted any who dared to touch him. This is the creature who knew what it was like to sink teeth into flesh and flood her mouth with that metallic taste. She is not the sad creature who shadowed Draco around Pangea. Who lived with the pack of wolf puppies and pretended she belonged. She is not the sad girl that even Torryn met so long ago.

She is her father’s daughter.

She is the hound Sochi would have wished she killed when she had the chance.

“Why even pretend?” she finally voices her thoughts aloud as she stalks toward him, her coat bristling. “Why even feed me the lies that you cared?” Her eyes break on the question and she trembles with everything else she wants to say. “I don’t understand,” she manages, her voice thick, but it’s a lie.

She does understand.

She knows.

She just wishes she didn’t.

I guess the sound of your voice in the aching will just have to do

@Torryn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the sound of your voice in the aching - by despoina - 09-09-2021, 06:49 PM