• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  courage can be an emotion too.
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    There is safety in solitude. It's one thing he could say in response to the colt’s frustration. But even that safety wasn’t promised. There were crueler parts of Beqanna then the Pampas but even the wildflower lands had seen their fair share of life’s brutality. It could be found in the red petaled flowers and their sweet pollen, in the grave of a child whose only purpose in being born was to die, in the invisible shackles of the growing collection of captives far from home. The colt laments over wanting more to life then the peaceful lonely existence he had come to know.

When Obscene had been his age… he had wanted that too.
    Now the Dark Prince isn’t quite so sure if he still wants it.

“Oh I’ve discovered new things.” The glittering stallion says as he looks down at him, still rather pensive. “I discovered a star covered mare in a summer meadow whose legs were broken by the force of a creature you could not comprehend as she rested in a bed of her own blood. I’ve watched a horse lured by a ghostly light into a deep pool that it never rose back out of and discovered beauty in a silent death.” He pauses, wondering if the colt was starting to catch his meaning. “I’ve also come across storms created by magic, I’ve witnessed the first breath in a newborn colt, I’ll soon watch a Queen take her crown. All new things I hadn’t seen before.” The smile he offers him is real enough. “Do you think yourself ready to discover things like that?” He asks, knowing the next response will be telling enough on where he might fit this child into his growing court.

obscene

@Picard
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    courage can be an emotion too. - by Picard - 09-07-2021, 04:14 PM
    RE: courage can be an emotion too. - by Obscene - 09-07-2021, 04:50 PM
    RE: courage can be an emotion too. - by Picard - 09-07-2021, 05:20 PM
    RE: courage can be an emotion too. - by Obscene - 09-08-2021, 01:44 PM
    RE: courage can be an emotion too. - by Picard - 09-09-2021, 02:15 PM
    RE: courage can be an emotion too. - by Obscene - 09-10-2021, 08:22 PM
    RE: courage can be an emotion too. - by Picard - 09-13-2021, 02:52 AM