• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  They all warned us about times like this
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    In that slight shift of his gaze, he can barely make out the shape that Skandar has stolen this time. Only his eyes catch in the dim night and with the intensity of them, he can guess what he might be doing. Or thinking. Gale’s voice calls him back, repeating his words with a smile, and Obscene gives him his trademark smirk in response. A fool he may be. Even a lunatic for allowing himself to get dragged into this mess to begin with. It matters little to him when he’s in the thick of it now. All he sees is another bully hiding behind an array of magic, just like the foals of his youth. A coward. He has never folded to cowards. Besides that… He’s not sure what exactly Gale is, only that he is different then the brother Aela use to know. Different and dangerous.

But Obscene was also changed. He hadn’t collected Beqanna’s magic from ripped chests or sampled hearts but he was altered all the same. Changed by the sister birthed by the mare that stood next to the navy magician. Changed by Aela’s hands. And Revelrie’s. And Obsidio’s. Even Skandar’s. When he had taken the Pampas as his own he had mostly been bored, looking for nothing more than another fun distraction. He hadn’t expected the place to effect him as much as it did. It wasn’t the land, he could have picked any territory, it never would have mattered (with perhaps the exception of the kingdom they currently stood in) where he had chosen. What mattered was what had been built within it.

None of it would have happened if a young green and onyx mare (that still refused to simply let him be) had not frustrated him enough in the first place. The one that had changed him most of all.

And then she is pressed into his mind (broken, bleeding, crushed) and he forgets the other two horses near them as he suddenly grows cold and the world around them is suddenly deathly silent as he zeros in on Gale. There is ice in his veins (the snake losing traction again) when he gives a serpentine smile to Gale, malice glittering in the dark red of his eyes. “Oh no. I must insist.” He says slowly, his unwavering malevolent gaze holding the electric blue of Gale’s. “It’s not that far after all.” He adds, unable to shake the forbidding grip clawing at his star lined chest. “However if you can’t be swayed, then I’ll accommodate my plans to yours.” His voice is barely a low grumbling murmur but there is no mistaking the threat that it is.

obscene

@Skandar
    @Gale
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: They all warned us about times like this - by Obscene - 09-12-2021, 06:42 PM