• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  They all warned us about times like this

i hear the wicked get no rest, but when you do
    ---------- i hope you dream of me

Gale intended to hurt the Prince eventually, though his plans for doing so had been insubstantial and distant. He’d get to the fae-touched Obscene sometime after he’d picked off his host’s kin, whenever that might be. They are a long-suffering lot, and he means to drain them for all they are worth, however long it takes. With the magic he takes from them, he will make short work of the glittering black stallion, as well as the rest of the world.

Obscene offers a witty retort regarding Aela, and Gale tilts his head curiously, peering with genuine interest at a creature bold enough - foolish enough? - to bait the metaphorical bear.

At the mention of mothers, Gale glances back at the bay mare beside him - this is Obscene’s mother? An interesting tidbit, though given that the other claims to not recall an agreement to bring Sickle to Hyaline, Gale only half believes it. Well, Gale supposes, that’s not even his fight anymore.

He’ll leave the recovery of his daughter to the parent who’d wanted her home in the first place. He’d no interest in Sickle, only in Mazikeen, and now he has no need for her either. Let the Pampas deal with the white alpha.

“A silly miscommunication,” he repeats, and at the final word he is almost smiling, bemused at the triviality with which the red-eyed horse speaks. When Obscene steps closer, still smirking, Gale doesn’t move. He remains still, his blue eyes flickering with the same lightning that dances along his skin.

The fae Prince is either quite assured of his own abilities or a raving lunatic. Gale is quickly becoming more interested in finding out which it is, and decides he will include the southern leader the next time he makes his round of nightmares. There’s nothing to gain from killing him now, not when keeping him alive might yield even further gains. Not to mention the sharp eyes of the bay stallion beside them, the one who has been silent, the one who thinks of slicing Gale to bits with his eyes.

Gale will take those later, he decides; there’s no point in risking decapitation to keep a Tephran he hadn’t even wanted.

He’s thinking of what he knows of the black prince as Obscene invites him to visit in a few days, and Gale declines with a smile that is practically beatific.

“I’m afraid I have plans already,” Gale says, and flashes another image. This one he means only Obscene to see, and is a quick flash of Gale collecting green quartz crystals and crushing them to powder before ripping another from its bloody black-and-white spotted base. “But I appreciate the invitation. I’ll take you up on it someday.”

Or perhaps he won’t. Perhaps he will simply enjoy the dark anticipation and worry that the promise of such a visit might inspire in the Pampas. He smiles at the thought.

GALE

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: They all warned us about times like this - by Gale - 09-11-2021, 08:59 AM