• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  They all warned us about times like this
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    A plain reddish stallion appears behind his mother, scowling, and he almost snarls until he sees the flash of scarlet and remembers what Skandar is. He doesn’t need the warning in the Champion’s eyes as his own glitter with ferocity the moment a voice, taunting and low, sweeps through the air around all of them and an image is pressed into his head. The jaguar mare snorts at the unexpected intrusion, her own mouth matching the scowls that creep over the stallions around her as the image of a golden mare with the gaping wound lingers in her mind. She remembers the way Gryffen had once tied her up, the silvery flesh along her withers a reminder of where she too had once been peeled open and devoured by the whims of a madman. For her son, it stirs different memories.

It is salt to a wound that is just barely healing.

He does not expect the indigo stallion that appears next to her and as he runs his muzzle over her shoulder, he schools his handsome face into that mask of indifference despite the fresh layer of scales that begin to wind up his obsidian legs. “You know your sister.” He responds casually, as if he could care less that Gale was now holding his mother with magic. “It didn’t match her esthetic.”

It is only her eyes (and the fact that she hadn’t launched herself at that unwanted touch) that gives it away, molten and filled with a fire and brimstone that she hadn’t felt in years. Her head is still raised defiantly but it is no longer by choice, her skeleton locked into place by the magician beside her. Who was this man? And what did he want with her? She is aware of the stallion still standing behind her but cannot catch him out of the corner of her eye. She can only stand and watch.

Obscene, to his credit, smirks at Gale even as the pupils of his eyes begin to narrow. “I don’t recall us ever making a deal regarding mothers.” He says quietly, those red eyes darkening with a restless hunger that begins to spread inside him and shoves those splintered pieces a little bit deeper, adding fuel to the fire. “Nor do I recall agreeing to bring her back to Hyaline.” Wording was everything after all. “A silly miscommunication.” His smirk deepens (that intentional miscommunication) and his gaze barely shifts from Gale to the stallion behind him. There is no ability for telepathy as Fae but he hopes that Skandar will realize what he is doing and be prepared to take the mare with him and go. With or without him.

“Your daughter seems to be quite enjoying the Pampas.” He continues, taking a few steps until he is mere inches from the cursed creature who still stands far too close to what belongs to him. “And I’m sure your sister would love to catch up with you again.” He can feel that thing within him trying to push against his glittering skin as that endless hunger grows. “It seems you’ve got quite a mess to clean up here though.” He grins at Gale, if he wanted this shit stain of land for himself then he could have it. Good riddance, really. “Come by in a few days and you can see them for yourself.”

obscene

@Skandar
    @Gale
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: They all warned us about times like this - by Obscene - 09-09-2021, 01:58 PM