• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  They all warned us about times like this

i hear the wicked get no rest, but when you do
    ---------- i hope you dream of me

He finds Skander first, the bay stallion skulking through the underbrush. To his credit, the shifter is an incredibly unremarkable creature, so plain that even Gale’s eyes attempt to glance off him.

But Gale, who has been making sport of hunting down the Tephrans, does not care what the horse looks like. He only wants to kill him.

He follows the other man for a while, drifting through the trees in a form that wastes an obscene amount of magic. He hardly feels the effort, and the realization of it makes him nearly giddy.

There is so much Power here that he can waste it.

The bay horse is clearly looking for something. Perhaps someone, Gale thinks. Family? Friends? The possibility of being so easily led to more keeps him curious, following along behind the stallion until he feels another one.

This one he knows.

The nothingness in the air is suddenly nothing just to Obscene’s left, which is within shouting distance of the bay he’d just stopped following. Whatever - or whoever - they are tracking, it must be nearby.

It’s not Sickle, so what has brought the Prince of the Pampas and his stooge to the jungle? Curious, Gale remains unseen, waiting for a more opportune time to reveal himself.

GALE

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: They all warned us about times like this - by Gale - 09-08-2021, 11:02 AM