• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not even mad anymore; all residents

i hear the wicked get no rest, but when you do
    ---------- i hope you dream of me

Each night that Gale spends in Tephra, he has spent with nightmares.

They are dark and vicious things, not unlike the beasts that haunted the darkness of the Eclipse. They are dark bodied and bright eyed, and they carry fear and terror and sorrow, pursuing without distinction each and every sentient mind that seeks to rest in the jungle. 

(Some of those minds ward him off, and for now he avoids them. Later, he will hunt them down. Later, he will ferret out those immune to his magics.) 

Meanwhile he enjoys inflicting the nightmares on the rest of the residents, feeling a flicker of pride as he crafts monsters to haunt the dreams of the Tephran residents. They are not nightmares meant for him They are terrors for others, shadows and blackness and the sensation of something wordless and impossibly loud, telling them to be gone.

Almost belly deep in the waterfall, the brindle stallion stands perfectly still. The grey mist that settles across the warm water is darker where he stands; the black tendrils of shadow that are ever at his side melding with the water vapor. Now and then, lightning flickers along his sides, sending fingers of light through the storm-like clouds around him.

It is only here, near the heart of Tephra, where the waterfall flows and steam rises in a constant mist,  that the dreams do not enter. When Gale rests here, it is soundly and without dreams, while a blue-eyed osprey (just like those from neighboring Islandres) watches from a kapok tree.

The osprey swoops down now, low to the water, and grasp a silvery bass beneath the midnight stars. The sound pulls Gale from his magic, and he glances up at the source of the sound, then along the water’s edge.

GALE

This is more like an anti-kingdom meeting where Gale is trying to scare everyone away! So if your character wouldn’t have spooky dreams and/or be scared away by spooky dreams from Gale and is going to stay in Tephra please reply OOC here and also feel free to tag Gale in a post!
    Tantalize is here in the jungle for a little longer ;p
    im going to pretend Rare still lives here. ill post her someday, probably
    Ryatah & her 800 relatives, plus Briseis
    savior is still here because rare has been giving him nightmares since she was born plus tephra > everything
    Divest is here and probably will regret it later. Plus, I miss being part of the Tephra family.
    currently playing
    Astrophel | Divest | Falter

Isilya says these young wippersnappers and their magic are all the same and she ain't leaving.
    Dace will probably find his way out of Tephra, possibly Gilda also. Sintra wasn't here but will probably end up here now because she is in the market for her next nightmare so it's very convenient that Gale put out advertisements
    I’m definitely keeping Evanora here, she’s my lil boggart baby who isn’t afraid of bad dreams!! And possibly her twin, Stevie. We’ll see how my muse works.
    clarissa | cirilla | dawn | frenzy
    bewitched | chalkydri | folklore | paradox | phobia | sunset