• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I would haul the stones
    I L I A N A

Her heart swells at her sister’s approval, her rose-gold eyes shining with glee. “Do you really like it? I was worried you would think I was copying you.” She pauses thoughtfully for a moment, before exhaling a short laugh. “Well, I guess I am copying you. But still, I could never be as brilliant as you, so it’s a poor effort.” She gives the aura another brief flicker as if to prove a point, the golden light highlighting the sharpening angles of her still young face. It is still weak in comparison to her sister’s ethereal glow, and satisfied with her own experiment, she lets the light fade for good.

She steps forward to meet her, pressing her nose gently against her dark neck just as she rests against her. “Impossible, because you’re the beautiful one,” she says in a matter of fact way, as if daring Baptiste to try and argue. While Iliana did like to think of herself as beautiful—or at least, the rose-gold rosettes blossoming along her black skin were pretty enough—she knew she paled in comparison to her angelic twin. The young panther girl was lovely in her own way, but Baptiste was heaven sent.

“Have you met anyone interesting lately?” she asks her, scanning their mountainous surroundings briefly. Iliana didn’t leave Hyaline all that often, preferring to practice her hunting within the kingdom’s borders, but she was certain that this place was not enough to hold her sister’s interest. “I want to hear all about them. So long as they aren’t someone that would replace me as your best friend.”
    -- the shadow is mine, and so is the valley

@baptiste

Messages In This Thread
    I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 09-06-2021, 04:02 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by Iliana - 09-08-2021, 11:52 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 09-19-2021, 04:18 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by Iliana - 10-09-2021, 01:26 AM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 10-17-2021, 04:47 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by Iliana - 11-01-2021, 02:28 AM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 11-13-2021, 04:56 PM