• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees; Mazikeen

Mazikeen had reached for his mind while she had been away, but her frustration was unrelated to the refusals she found there. Not when there had been so much else to think about - not when she was busy getting back what had been hers. She kept the images of fire and death she might have shared with him and did not reach out to him again.

The alarm rings through the storm in time to when she can feel his presence closer, the press of his thoughts clearer than they had been across the continent, and she knows everything has already changed.

There is some consideration on making him wait - she is annoyed at the summons - but she can feel a different storm brewing in the air and finds the anticipation of it intoxicating. Will today be the day he finally hurts her like he’s been thinking of doing? Will it be the day he realizes there is no way he could try that she wouldn’t enjoy?

She approaches the cave and there is nothing but that anticipation and her ever-present fire inside her. No fear, no flickering echoes of love. It’s all been consumed for now. She is a wildfire contained only by the thin layer of her flesh.

Instinct brings her close, but she does not press against him in greeting. She circles him as a horse-sized wolf, disappointed with the lack of new scars to show for his takeover, and stops when she is facing him again, her back to the storm outside the cave. She sits there, unconcerned. Mazikeen does not yet point out that he has one entity, not four. Nor that it’s his own damn fault if he’s been feeling weak. He knew happiness affected his magic and still he sought to make her purr during the nights and days they spent together.

Amusement passes across her expression like she’s listening to Malik tell her about the mighty earthworm he had defeated.

“Congratulations. Did you even meet any resistance?”

m a z i k e e n .

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees; Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 01:41 PM