• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua

Nash is very much their mother's son; in the way that he doesn't put one over the other. Cheri occupies a piece of his heart - perhaps made tender in the absence of her missing father - just as Reave did. But the young Guardian is right in the sense that he sees him as still an untried youth. Nashua had made the mistake of thinking that the brother who took command in Nerine would be similar to Yanhua.

He had made the mistake of thinking that amidst all the chaos that had entered his life, Reave would remain steady.

The Freyr thought he could trust this brother.

Could he?

"Because Noel went to you for help where it concerned Bolder," Nashua replied tersely to his youngest sibling. His pale mate had told him about the visit and as Nash tried to divide his time between the needs of the kingdom and the needs of family, he knew that he had over-extended himself. (Mazikeen's accusation still rings in his chestnut ears; he hadn't come back to Hyaline after Gale had told him about the children they were expecting.) Nash had trusted then - as he trusted this brother, as he (foolishly) thought Yanhua would always be in Taiga - that everything would be alright. That amidst all his other affairs, he had thought his family would remain steadfast.

And how wrong he's been.

"Because I trust you would tell me if you knew something more," he tells Reave. "Because you are my brother, and I have always trusted you." Nashua holds the glittering edge of the Seer's sharp gaze, prolonging the moment with a silent message: that if he really did know something, now would be the time to reveal it.

@Reave

[Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua - by Nashua - 09-24-2021, 11:37 AM