• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  everyone wants to see what I see
    Beyza
    When he steps closer and partially into the offered warmth, Beyza feels a small flutter of satisfaction. She’d been hoping for it, of course - that’s why she had not just pushed the bubble out towards where he had been - but the success is pleasant all the same.

He does not step all the way inside, and Beyza shifts the warmth for a moment, drawing it closer to her but only by a few inches - her white eyes bright with a grin that does the trick of making her seem (and feel) alive all on its own.

Having a sense of humour is a relatively new development for Beyza, yet another thing she can thank her daughters for. It still does not come easily all the time and she has discovered that it is one thing that she cannot become better at by practicing on her own. She must wait for opportunities to present themselves - like now, as her white eyes dance with gentle laughter at his question and humbled smile. “I am sure I’ll think of something.” Beyza replies, the gentle teasing in her voice more of a result of inexperience at using such a tone than it is kindness.

Though there is some of that too.

Lannister’s question about her reason for being in the Meadow is an easier one to answer, and her faint smile remains as she observes him - using the end of each sentence as a reminder to herself to blink. “Company. It’s been some time since I ventured out of my tropical home. I didn’t even realize it’d be winter when I did.” Her attention drifts for a moment, frowning at the frost-covered world around the bubble of heat she keeps over them. It does not bother her to admit that she had been so out of the world she had forgotten about seasons, but it does bother her that she had forgotten in the first place. It was too easy to misplace the rest of the world.

But the frost cannot hold her attention for long in comparison to the deep reds and golds of her companion and it is not long before her gaze gravitates back to him - her smile slipping back into place as it does. “And what about you?"

@lannister

Messages In This Thread
    everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 08-28-2021, 09:54 AM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 09-07-2021, 02:41 PM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 09-16-2021, 08:59 AM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 09-26-2021, 05:05 PM