• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and it's been so long that i can't confess.
    Her life does not hold much purpose since Eerie (Anarchist?) released her grip on the gray girl's mind and body. She had found comfort in that choking embrace, nestled comfortably in the loss of control with entire days or weeks missing from her memory. There were glimpses of that cruel, that beautiful oppressor looming over her with a look of disgust clouding her features but Virgo had found only joy there. Perhaps she had been drawn by that idea of punishment like a moth to a candle. She set fire to her wings and delighted in the destruction of herself.

If she had ever felt love before, it was nothing compared to what she felt for that jungle creature.

She leans her near-white shoulder against the rough bark of a tree as she recalls the way Eerie's or Anarchist's or whomever's vines had strangled her skin with its unforgiving thorns. Virgo had gagged on that monster's spores and given life to a precious boy, a perfect child that she had set loose into the word so long ago. Somewhere in that haze of pain and slumber, she had named him Pantheon because he had been her everything - and that was why she had to let him be free of her own vile clutches.

Her dark eyes blink slowly as she presses her skin just a little tighter to the tree so it feels a little more like her idea of love. Yes, love to her is teeth and claws that paint her world a shade of red that she cannot find anywhere else, or at least anywhere she cares to search. She waits here beneath the pitch black shade of this tree and hides from even the moonlight; its face is too much like the pale stare of her mother in the few blurry seconds she knew her. When that perfect, revolting face peeks out from behind the navy clouds, she can almost hear those precious words that would send her world shattering to the ground.

It is more than she could ever bear and so she escapes once more into her memories, into a place where everything is sharp and cold and alone like she is.

VIRGO
    she comes at your body like a feast.
    she picks you clean, then wants to know why you are so empty.
    she leaves, she leaves.

we try to sound like someone else.
    Adalind had been an interesting mother. She had created children with powerful men in search of producing heirs to thrones. Raising Demian had been a difference in her power hungry goals and the two had been close until the day Demian found himself leaving the Tundra. For years he had wandered through Beqanna, until finding himself living amongst the shadows of the valley without much purpose other than to be a simple observer.

Then the silence came. It had swept through the valley, covering every inch until the farthest corners were reached and then he had realized what was happening. He was the only one left standing. The rest had filtered out past the borders, without intentions of returning. Eight had all but disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Which almost seemed like a hysterical definition considering how the magic king always liked to make interesting impressions. A little bippity boppity boo seemed to be his style every now and then. In a puff a smoke he'd be gone and then in another he'd return, glad to grace a few with his presence before disappearing once more.

The silence was what had him convinced that he had chosen to make his way out of the stasis he chose so willingly to enter into. For so long he had enjoyed the peaceful solitude that wandering around in the deep corners of the valley had brought him. But now it was time to emerge from his little cocoon so to speak and this was most likely what made him realize he was standing in the meadows once more.

Somehow in during his typical thought process he had wound up here, drawn like a little moth to a light on the stoop in the middle of night. Like it would bounce against the light, he found himself bouncing inbetween the trees popping his head around their wide trunks in order to look for others before continuing forward for there was no way in hell he was ready to talk to anyone yet. It was seriously just way too early in the day for such nonsense.

Then again, wasn't it always? Did it really have to be morning for it to be too early to open up for conversation? Couldn't it be too early in the evening as well? Maybe that was just relatable to his social anxiety. To the pure need he felt to avoid conversation with others at all costs due to the the lack of socialization these past years. Regardless, he knew that at least once a day he would be forced to, or even force himself to communicate with someone other than himself.

It took only a few moments for him to run across the mare leaning against the tall oak and coming to a sudden halt he snorted roughly coming to a standstill. Standing tall he straightened his body, head held alert, ears pricked forward and wings tucked neatly as his sides. The surprise at her sudden appearance in his path was quite apparent. "Hell-ooooo," he said, allowing the word to be drawn out as he watched her curiously. "What are you doing just randomly standing around. Don't you realize that shit can freak someone the hell out?" More specifically someone like Demian, because seriously... The dude doesn't truly always pay as much as attention as one would think.

D E M I A N ( carnage x adalind )

ooooookayy? lmfao.
    Virgo has always dreamed of meeting her mother, of loving more than just bleached bones in the forests of the Valley that she assumed had belonged to the queen who gave her life. She wanted to know that humble beauty that had her father so infatuated with her, that had her kingdom so enamored by her. Her grandfather had told her stories of that gentle crippled girl and how she ruled the kingdom that had once belonged only to the gifted evils. What was she like, to enter the nursery of shadows and death with her shoulders back and head so high? Fate had thrown her to the wolves and she had returned as their leader. The thought always made the spined girl sigh like a day dreaming child again.

She is nothing like her, she believes. She is callous and cold and empty, only ever momentarily filled with a seething hatred for whatever tests her patience on any given day. Now, as that radiant sun begins to emerge from the depths of the horizon, she finds her chest blooming with the fires of her anger once more when a voice calls out nearby enough for her to assume it is directed towards her. Virgo is ripped from her day (night? morning?) dreaming as she looks over her shoulder at the winged stranger standing close by.

"Is there a way to not stand randomly? Please, enlighten me, dove boy," she says as she turns to face him, even taking a few steps closer to examine his glowing spots. "Or should I call you kitten? You're quite a confusing thing."

There is a smirk across her pale lips as she watches him with a sort of satisfaction, mentally patting herself on the back for her oh so witty jokes. Or at least it seemed witty to her given how long it has been since she got the opportunity to try and make snide remarks toward anyone other than herself. (She laughs at her own jokes when no one else is around to and prays no one is close enough to discover this.)

"My name is Virgo, by the way."

In her younger years she might have introduced herself with her parents' names as well, but the memory of them is scarce among anyone outside her little family. Even those who survived this long have all wandered away from these lands, leaving her to carry that tired old banner by herself. She has yet to see her sister, obviously. Camrynn would likely delight in seeing her older sibling so miserable.

VIRGO
    she leaves, she leaves.
    you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing.
    "Well you know, I for once don't have an answer for such a question... I guess it was just a blank question in order to start conversation." Chuckling dryly I quirk a brow and let a small smirk tug at the corner of my lips. "Though as you can obviously tell, it worked." It only took moments for my social anxiety to filter away lately. As time passed I seemed to become more and more able to move away from the anxieties that plagued me due to my constant solitude. And it was probably a good thing. For becoming king of the valley required a ruler who wasn't so socially inept and by choice at that matter.

I watch her turn and how her eyes trace over my glowing jaguar spots. It takes time, but I look over her too. Taking in the different lines of her in a purely observational way, no more than that. I laugh when I hear her questioning of calling me kitten and tilt my head slightly, pressing my lips into an amused line before speaking with laughter mixed in my tone. "Well, you can call me kitten. But I tend to prefer Demian. I guess it's up to you though." I avoid telling the woman who I am though. The newly appointed king of the valley.

I don't seek after nor want the flair the title brings. I just want pure innocent conversation and company not based on a title that was so fresh. Just for now I wanted to be myself in a world driven by power and those who held it within their grasps. Nothing more. Nothing less. It is now I allow myself to focus just on her face, my eyes pairing with her own as she introduces herself plainly. Her calm yet witty nature was almost peaceful and the smirk that danced across my lips was almost like an small evidence of that.

"It's nice to meet you Virgo." My small smirk changes into a smile before I find myself glancing towards the treetops as the black birds flew overhead. "So what are you really doing here?" Looking back down I catch her gaze again before rolling my shoulders slightly. "I can't imagine it's to just be standing around... randomly." And with that I smile in a joking manner before chuckling dryly. I guess it was a roll of the dice on what mood they were to get with him. He was either hot or cold, and Virgo seemed to catch him on one of his good days.

demian

carnage x adalind

Ooc: sorry for the sudden change <3 he's progressed since I last replied Tongue
    Her grandfather had often sighed when she left him stumped with her snide remarks, shaking his head at her while she basked in her own glory. She always had some sort of sarcastic comment hidden up her sleeve and no one would be spared of it. There is a smirk across her lips as he admits his inability to answer her question while she regards him coolly. Maybe they've been won and met their own personal little goals but it doesn't seem to detract from hers in the slightest.

"I think I'll stick with kitten for now," she says with a shrug of her pale shoulder while she continues to observe him. It's difficult to make out just what expression she has hidden behind her eyes, but there is something of intrigue glimmering there within the pupils as he speaks. She shifts her weight and considers his question for a moment as she decides whether to answer him truthfully or not. Lying to some degree has always been fun but he's been rather upfront to this point, or at least she assumes he has been.

"I don't have much else to do lately. I'm just taking up space where ever interests me most, it seems," she admits without quite disclosing more than she feels necessary. Eerie and Anarchist are none of his business at this point and so she keeps their memory nestled snug against her ribs before turning the tables to further prod his mind. "And what about you? What's got you striking up conversation with strangers like me?"

Her pale head tilts ever so slightly to the side as her bright eyes watch him a little more intensely now. Virgo has always been a spit fire with a hair pin trigger, always itching for something to ignite her bones. Maybe he will compliment her or simply offer up a dry remark about her appearances. Either way, it's bound to reveal a little more about him and keep her eating from his palm for just a little while longer before she's dancing away again.

VIRGO
    she leaves, she leaves.

{ It's all good! Not sure how she'd react to finding out he's from the valley, let alone ruling, so I'm intrgued. >:3 }
    " you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing. "
    "That's fine. But one of these days you're going to have to get your own little nickname and you won't be able to argue with me about it. Especially if I have to deal with kitten." Chuckling dryly I soon find that a corner of my dark lips are slowly turning up in a slight smirk as I watch her with growing interest and curiosity. The far away glimmer in her eyes was enough to keep my eyes glued to her own, even when I found himself shifting uncomfortably... I wasn't used to constant eye contact. I was used to looking away when I had felt that was enough. But for some reason I wasn't yet prepared to let her out of the hold my gaze had on her own.

It's when she speaks once more that has my head tilting in slight curiosity, my smirk remaining on my lips as my ears twist slightly. I always found it interesting. How the other wanderers just seemed to float about until they found their own happy place so to say. It was almost reassuring to the fact I had hidden in the forests for almost twenty years, only occasionally popping out for conversation. That was, until now. Now I had responsibilities. Now I had a reason to come and go. I could not fail what I had set out to do. Even though I had made no promises... If I wasn't successful I knew they would still find their ways to blame me. Hell, I'd blame myself.

But there wasn't any reason to worry. Not yet. And so I let the thoughts escape my mind as I watched her and kept her in my line of sight. "That doesn't sound too bad. I once used to take up space wherever I liked most as well. Can't say it's a bad life." This is when I find myself smiling slightly and letting out a slight chuckle. There was a joke in there. One just for me that I had made so many times to myself about living the silent life I had amongst the trees of the forest until the last year. For so long I had been alone, by choice of course. And now I was having to learn how to enjoy being social. Yet... Was that even possible. To truly enjoy it? I guess we'll have to find out, won't we?

He ponders her question for a minute, watching the way her head tilts and her eyes brighten a bit more. The look of curious nature passed over her features, even if only for a moment and he laughs softly. "I guess you could say I have made you my escape from my daily duties in the Valley. You are... What I could say, a refreshing get away. You're not one of my kingdoms members seeking more than what they have. You're not a diplomat I have to attend to. Nor a recruit I'm having to convince my kingdom is worth their time. You're just a stranger in the woods, with an interesting mind, and a even more interesting wit."

I don't say outloud who I am, but I know she is smart enough to put the pieces together and figure out the little puzzle I had put out for her. I always hated directly saying who I was. I didn't want others to think being a king was what was important to me. Because in reality. It wasn't. Only the kingdom and her people were and it was important to him to continue proving that, even in the smallest ways.

demian

carnage x adalind