• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I will walk the plank, not a tear in my eye; Lannister
    you used to tell me we'd turn into something
    oh, you said life was much better than this
    Perhaps it is arrogance that allows Lannister to immediately assume Azure is enjoying his company. He mastered parts of this strange world quickly, after all. He’s as pleasant as all the rest, despite the rumbling growl in his voice that he cannot seem to tame. A last remnant of the defensive wall he puts around the scared little boy shivering in his chest. He won’t look vulnerable, no; so he presents that roguishness immediately.

Lan eyes the calico woman as she nods an answer to his question. A smile spreads his lips at the confirmation. He murmurs, “Another lovely thing to admire.” A small, gracious dip of his head follows and then he turns back to the rapidly changing sky. He wonders what other secrets this pretty stranger might harbor.

And if he might draw them out in her dreams, plaster them across the realm in any way that he pleases.

“Truly,” the daydreamer answers, voice just above a whisper. He isn’t sure if the quiet reverence in his voice is genuine or feigned, but he smiles nonetheless. Something begins to slowly, subtly twist in his chest—a screw loosening on the hinge of the steel door tightly locked around his heart. Lannister has no idea what might escape if that door were to fall open, but he is too distracted by this new experience to notice it happening.

“Would you do it again?” Lan asks after a moment of silence, voice rumbling and soft. He glances at her from the corner of his eye, wondering if he’s been as pleasant as he was sure of minutes ago.

lannister

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will walk the plank, not a tear in my eye; Lannister - by lannister - 09-24-2021, 02:03 PM