• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  We can make our own damn rules and break them too
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

The look he gives his sire is a contemplative one that matches his own. “Oh.” He says solemnly, looking at the wisps of shadow winding through the stallion’s legs. He’s not quite sure he buys it, his golden guardian had told him of the wide variety of magic and powers that could stretch an imagination beyond its normal limits. He grows even more suspicious when the world around them erupts into flame but it is drowned out by the pure joy that fills the darting bright yellow eyes trying to take it all in.

He can feel the flicker of heat, a feeling as real as the embers he could alight on the bristled mane of a foal. The wildfire flowers flicker around him and he looks up at Firion (so similar, suspiciously, to his own name) with wild excited eyes. “Oh…” He exhales sharply. “You’re terrible too.” And as he looks up at this older version of himself like the hero he had quickly become, he grins with delight. “You’re terrible… like me.”

As the flames crackle and smolder around them, he gathers the thread of magic around himself and feels a wonderful burst of power as he comes to understand seeing himself through the eyes of another. How he could shine as brilliantly as the sun that the starlight girl had mistaken him for. “Can you teach me?” He suddenly asks with open curiosity. “How to manipulate my flames like that?” How to make them as wild and realistic and as big as he had done. If he could show Aela something like that, perhaps she would think him god-touched too.

He wanted to be more than just “talented”, more than his flames and darkness. Something real and tangible, something like all the good kind of terrible he could possibly be.

Terribly powerful. Terribly handsome. Terribly respected. And deep down...Terribly good.
    fyr

@firion

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We can make our own damn rules and break them too - by Fyr - 09-06-2021, 09:50 PM