• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Lilliana’s denials do not fall easily on her ears and Ciri snarls softly, unable to look at her just as the chestnut can’t bring herself to meet her gaze. “Don’t do that.” She says with thinly veiled disgust. “You don’t need to lie to me.” As if her stumble hadn’t given that away already.

As she slips down to the ground, Lil’s soft words reach her ears and she looks up at her, the melting pot of her silver eyes flashing. “At what cost to himself?” She says sharply, looking at his mother with open anger. “If you think I’m angry, wait till you see your son.” She snaps and looks away, closing her eyes and trying to focus on her breath. Trying to fight the rising nausea that follows her pain. "It took his son. The Curse." She finally whispers when it momentarily passes. When she opens her eyes again, she focuses her attention on the backside of the mare that had brought her here. What she doesn’t expect from her apology, or her cold bark of laughter, is the sudden shuddering of the reddish mare’s sides.

It takes her a moment to realize she is crying.

Oh great. Bad enough when Nash showed up and found out about her latest run in with the Curse. Making his mother cry? She doubts that’s something he would let go easily. “Lilliana.” She breathes harshly, wincing against the jolt of pain as she brushes against the magic Gale had placed inside of her again. “Tell me how it was defeated before.” Perhaps talking about it would distract her from her tears as much as it might distract her from her wounds. Besides, she needs to know. She needs to find out as much as she can if she is to protect her home and all those in it.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@lilliana

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands - by Ciri - 10-05-2021, 01:28 PM