• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

She jolts forward as Lilliana suddenly halts and she curses under her breath, exhaling a sharp whisper of pain, as she steadies herself against the other. It takes her a moment to hear the broken tone of her voice, the words that follow. She twists her head and the glare that falls on the chestnut mare is something accusing as a realization dawns on her. “You know.” She says quietly, coldly, angrily. “You know what it is.”

Her companion starts to move and Ciri has no choice but to move with her, even as her stars turn an even darker shade of red. The other mare keeps her head turned away (Out of shame? Regret? She isn’t sure) and the dark scarred mare says nothing as well, instead she wallows in a pit of anger and pain and lets the warmth of her rising rage wrap around her. It is strange how she finds comfort in it, this prickly blanket that keeps her moving even as her body screams at her to stop.

Finally the other breaks the tense silence spreading between them and when she mentions Nashua, it is her turn to stumble to a halt. Now it comes back to her, that conversation that feels like a lifetime ago on the burned remains of the beach. “I serve Nashua as Thane of the North. Believe me, it won’t be the first time he’s patched me back together from the Curse.” She snarls softly (aware that these words might wound the one beside her but too angry to care), already on edge at what the chestnut pegasus would say to her this time, when he would see her wounds and recognize the Curse’s handiwork. With a groan, she finally slips from the other’s grasp and lets her unsteady legs give out. Her strength is waning but that black anger keeps her from submerging beneath her pain. Instead, she looks up at the mare, Nash’s mother she reminds herself, and sighs with frustration. “Look. I’m sorry you had to find out this way. Believe me, it wasn’t a pleasant experience for me either when I discovered it.” And she laughs darkly, a cold humor, as she remembers the first time Gale had ripped her apart.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@lilliana

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands - by Ciri - 09-24-2021, 01:23 PM