• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

She had once been kind. She remembers this, somewhere beneath the swirl of anger and the electric magic sparking at the center of it. Life hadn’t been though. Life had been far from kind. It had been harsh and cold and vicious. It is hard to remember all the good things still worth living for when one is so far away from them. The star that guides them is one of them though, a reminder of the power that had laid dormant for months. “How is he like me?” She asks roughly, still confused to what she meant (not daring to believe that it was true).

It is hard to let this mare help guide her when her natural protective instincts tell her these roles should be reversed. Trying to distract herself from the pain, she subconsciously reaches into her chest and runs a thumb gently over the eye of the storm. A sharp shock jolts her from the inside and she stumbles. Well the Curse had certainly been clever this time. She is still unsure of what this magic was inside of her but she had a strong suspicion that it hadn’t always belonged to him. She’s not sure how she knows that but the white mare that had come with it seemed as good a place as any to start.

First she needed to get back home. To heal and take the lecture from Nashua that was sure to come if their last encounter was anything to base it on. To check on Leokadia, a pang of loneliness momentarily sweeping through the black clouds swirling at her core. Her thoughts become distracted when Lilliana speaks and draws her attention elsewhere. Back to what was going on around her, what they were fleeing from. “You don’t want to know.” She groans softly as her hoof catches on a well hidden root. She thinks the star above her is agreeing with the way it seems to glow a little brighter.

For awhile it seems she won’t say anymore and they continue under the cover of darkness out of the western kingdom. Then, quietly, when they pause for a moment to catch their breath. “I hope it’s not what I think it is but… “ She hesitates, looking at the crimson mare who had been helping her. “If he comes for us, you must run.” The look in her starlit eyes leaves no room for argument on the matter. “Leave me and don’t look back.”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@lilliana

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands - by Ciri - 09-09-2021, 08:47 PM