• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

It had taken her a long time (days) to drag her bruised and broken body to the volcanic kingdom of Tephra from the Forest. The feathers of her broken wings were crusted with dirt and debris from dragging behind her the entire time. The pain never truly subsided, a constant throb where the tentacle had snapped ulna and radius, and anytime she tried to adjust them she could feel the air rushing out of her as she gasped through the fiery pain. She sleeps as best as she can when the fireworks in her bones allows. She barely eats, finding no appetite where her anger has settled permanently in her stomach.

Her eyes had not changed back to normal nor had her stars.

She was still a ravaged angry thing by the time she finally made it to the border and her temper had not cooled even when she finally found the healing waterfall that she had heard about. This had been in the Falls once, she thinks, but she can’t tell if it’s an actual memory or one of her hazy pain dreams. She’s not sure how exactly this is suppose to work, if the waters just magically healed or someone from Tephra had to be present. She is too tired, too bruised and broken, to wait. Slowly she eases herself into the cool waters from the riverbank, gritting her teeth as she tries to breathe through the explosion of pain that follows as her wings become submerged beneath the surface.

She stands there quietly for awhile, unsure if it’s working but at least enjoying the feeling of dirt, blood, and debris working itself from her coat with the help of turbulence from the crashing waterfall before her. Her gaze is slightly hollow when she finally turns her dark head towards the sound of another approaching. She says nothing, simply gazes at them with her bloody stars twinkling around her and angry shadows dancing in her starlit eyes.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

OOC: Open to any but would prefer someone who might help her in her quest to "protect others without magic"  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands - by Ciri - 08-25-2021, 02:01 PM